Did you know 20 to 50 million metric tons of e-waste are disposed of worldwide every year?
With businesses typically upgrading their IT hardware every 3 years this number is slowly going up. 39D as a responsible provider always ensure any items we collect are disposed of securely and in an enviormentally sustainable way.
Here are our 5 points you should know before you throw your items in the bin
- In the UK we produce 24.9kg of e-waste per person. This works out to nearly 25 bags of 1KG sugar. This is statistic is higher than the European Union (EU) average by 10KG
- When disposing of computer equipment a hard drive can still be recovered if the device has simply been factory reset.
- Some computer equipment can actually be upgraded to give you an extra amount of usage. There are items such as memory / hard drives that can be upgraded.
- Modern smartphones can be traded into shops to be resold. This can give you a little bit of cashback on the device.
- You can be liable if your items are not disposed of correctly. If an item can be traced back to your business is found dumped by the side of the road you could be subject to a fine.
Why use 39D for your IT disposal
39D where possible aims to extend the life of devices that are close to their end of life. Some devices we are able to upgrade the memory and swap the hard drive to a solid-state drive (SSD) which can help improve the function of a computer. However, if the device has completed its full life cycle we can arrange for it to be disposed of in a secure and safe method. This means your data will be safe even if the device has failed. When items are collected we will give you a certificate of destruction to show it has been disposed of. If we are disposing of the item via one of our partners, this means their business has been verified and we have checked their processes match current EU laws.
Why not give the team a call today on 01279 800 039